Feel confident to make your purchase.
Information is a negotiator’s greatest weapon.
How is a building report useful?
- Gives your buyers the complete picture.
- Speeds up the sales process for buyers.
- One less ‘conditional’ factor.
As a vendor, pre purchase building inspections will help you identify any potential areas of concern early, so they can be fixed before they become points for negotiation. Providing a pre-sale inspection report in your sale package gives prospective buyers confidence and can mean your house or property will sell more quickly.
- Identifies issues with your purchase.
- Helps you understand the budget needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Expands your options.
Caveat emptor – “let the buyer beware”. When buying a home, you have a conditional period in which to gather all information needed to make a well-informed decision. Pre purchase building inspections are your protection against the unknown.
What is a property report?
A full property check and pre purchase building inspection report from a building inspector can uncover any issues with the property that are not apparent to the naked or inexperienced eye.
Pre purchase building inspection will not give you a “pass or fail” for a building. Andre Van Schalkwyk will simply and honestly describe the condition of the home or commercial premises, how it has been maintained and highlight any items needing immediate repair or work in the future.
Following a comprehensive investigation, a pre purchase building inspection gives you a detailed report, written to NZS 4306:2005 standards. Phone 021 2121398 to get your free building inspection quote so you know exactly what you are buying or selling.
Will you understand the building report?
- Our reports are extremely easy to follow. They’re written in plain English with very little building terminology, giving a clear picture, and they contain plenty of photos to ensure you can see what we’re talking about.
- The building inspector is also available to discuss his findings and any questions you may have arising from them.
The building report covers:
- Site: driveway, paths, fencing, trees, gardens, drainage, retaining walls, decks and patios
- Outbuildings: garages and carports
- Roofing: roof cladding, fascia, eaves, soffits, flashings, chimneys, aerials, penetrations
- Drainage: guttering, downpipes, gully traps
- Exterior: cladding, flashings, joinery, foundations, footings, painted surfaces
- Interior: walls, ceilings, door and window joinery, floor coverings, electrical, pests and insects, insulation, fixtures and fittings
- Kitchen: joinery units, oven, plumbing, tapware
- Bathroom: showers, toilets, baths, plumbing, tapware, cabinetry
- Structure: alterations and additions, overall condition, sub-floor, ceiling space, insulation
- Moisture: infrared Inspections and a non-invasive moisture meter checks, both inside and out
- Building Regulations: Code of Compliance checks, conformity with current building regulations
The report includes general comments and suggests any further recommended actions.
Not all pre-purchase building inspections are the same
Purchasing a building inspection before buying a home or investment can help you make an informed decision. Meet your building inspector.
However, be careful who you call. A misleading report or poorly carried out inspection could leave you mis-informed. You need a building inspector who is completely independent from all real estate agents and works only for you: the client paying for the report.
Building inspections that fail to pick up serious problems can have serious consequences. The Wellington High Court recently awarded damages of more than $200,000 to homeowners who purchased a leaky home based on a recommendation from a real estate agent who had bought a poor-quality inspection report from a non-licenced building practitioner.
Andre Van Schalkwyk is a qualified, experienced building inspector who is there to give you an honest, unbiased and accurate evaluation. Call 021 2121398 building reports for both commercial and residential properties.
Avoid surprises and expand your options
To be fully informed, you need a building inspector who spends the time at the property, checks every detail to ensure nothing is missed and provides a comprehensive, easy to read report: a completely accurate representation of the property. Book your building inspection today.
Thank you Andre, such a quick turnaround time and thorough report, I can recommend Andre to anyone looking at getting an honest building report.
Wonderful service. So efficient and helpful. Will definitely recommend!